Child Custody

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Child Custody

St. Louis County Child Custody Lawyer

Serving St. Charles, Clayton, and Throughout MO


Child custody issues are often time sensitive and delaying the choice to contact a lawyer may be detrimental to your case. A St. Louis County child custody lawyer at Coulter Lambson can help protect the rights of your children and family by advocating for custody plans that first and foremost protect the best interests of children and their parents.

Contact Us for a free consultation with a St. Louis County child custody lawyer!

As your trusted St. Louis County child custody lawyers, Coulter Lambson offers:

  • Years of experience in various family law courts
  • Proven record of success for our past clients & their families
  • Empathetic advocacy that recognizes your family’s unique dynamic
  • Full preparation of your case to ensure the best possible outcome
  • Confidential and complimentary consultations



There are different types of custody and custody plans that can affect you and your family. Whether you are concerned about how decisions get made with respect to your child, or the amount of time your child spends with each parent, a St. Louis County child custody attorney at Coulter Lambson can help guide you through the different custodial arrangements and discuss your options to ensure that the best interests of your child are being protected.

Contact Coulter Lambson at 314.675.1065 for a free consultation with a practiced St. Louis county child custody lawyer today!

Your family matters most. Make sure you protect their interests.Speak with a St. Louis child custody lawyer at 314.675.1065 to get started on your case.

Contact Us Today

*By fillling out this form, you acknowledge that our firm holds no responsibility for the confidentiality of any information submitted online. Sending this form in no way establishes attorney-client privilege until we have formally agreed to represent you. As such, submission of this form acknowledges that, until we have formally entered into an attorney-client relationship, we may represent a party in a matter adverse to you even if this information can be used against you in such a matter. Please do not submit confidential or time-sensitive information through this form. Thank you.

Your family matters most. Make sure you protect their interests. Speak with a St. Louis child custody lawyer at 314.675.1065 to get started on your case.

What Sets Our Firm Apart?

We offer no-risk, no-obligation consultations

Offering night and weekend appointments (by request)

Named among the nation’s top trial attorneys

Thousands of families served throughout Missouri

Tailored solutions made to fit your family’s situation

Focused on amicable, non-confrontational solutions

Devoted to Serving You
in a Time of Need

“My daughter is with me and we are happy as can be. You have helped me change my life and the life of a precious little girl. Thank you.” – Shane, Former Client

Truly Invested in Your Success

Awards & Associations


Best Lawyers Award Badge
Best Lawyers Award Badge


  • Legal Custody: Legal Custody refers to the decision-making rights, responsibilities, and authority relating to the health, education and welfare of the child. Unless allocated, apportioned, or decreed, the parents shall confer with one another in the exercise of decision-making rights, responsibilities, and authority.
  • Physical Custody: Physical Custody refers to which parent has caregiving responsibilities of the children at a particular time. The terms joint and sole in the context of physical do not matter here as much as the actually custody plan.
  • Parenting Time (Custody Plans): A custody plan will be included in your parenting plan for any dissolution or legal separation in which the parties have at least one child or in a paternity action. A custody plan typically have a two week repeating schedule stating who has caregiving responsibilities at what time. It may also include superseding elements for certain holidays or summer/winter school breaks.
  • 3rd Party Custody: In atypical situations when the court finds that each parent is unfit, unsuitable, or unable to be a custodian, or the welfare of the child requires, and it is in the best interest of the child, a third party (non-parent) may be awarded custody. In some of these situations, family members (such as grandparent) will be considered as a possible custodian of the children. Third parties may even be able to receive support from the natural parents to help them provide financially for the child in their custody.


Custody is awarded based on what the court considers to be in the best interest of a child. When doing this the court can consider all relevant factors including:

  • The wishes of the parents
  • The needs of the child to have a relationship with both parents
  • The parents’ willingness to perform their functions as parents
  • The child’s adjustment to their home, school and community
  • The interaction / relationship of the child with parents, siblings, and other persons who may significantly affect the child’s best interests
  • Which parent is more likely to allow the child frequent, continuing, and meaningful contact with the other parent
  • The mental / physical health of all individuals (including history of abuse or domestic violence)
  • The intention of either parent to relocate
  • The wishes of the child

The Importance of Working with a Skilled St. Louis County Custody Attorney

At Coulter Lambson, we understand that child custody cases can often implicate a wide array of concerns. From the mental health of parents and children, to allegations of abuse or the inability of parties to communicate with respect to the needs of their children, custody cases often involve the most emotional and sensitive issues in family law. Contacting an experienced child custody attorney is critical to maximizing the odds of securing a favorable outcome in your child custody matter.

Receive your free and confidential child custody consultation by speaking with us today! Call or fill out an online form.